Open M4A File
M4A file extension is used by multimedia files that contain audio data encoded using MPEG4 Part 14 multimedia container format. The name stands for
Audio data in M4A files can be compressed with many diffrent algorithms inluding but not limited to: AAC, MP3, MP2, CELP, TwinVQ, SAOL and others.
Many audio players can open M4A files. These include WinAMP, Apple QuickTime and others.
Open M4A File on Windows OS
- Find a M4A file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the M4A file in question.
- If you know the application which can open M4A file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open M4A file then try to search for "M4A wiki", "application to open M4A file" or "M4A file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open M4A file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 14 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open M4A files, file extension m4a and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...